Calvin's Sermon Outline Collection/ "Food for thought"

These are sermons inspired by God and some, are from various preachers. I have decided to type down whatever sermons I have copied and try to make it my very own sermons. Of course, I'll write down who are the owners of the sermon... Lastly, something which "sparks" my mind into thoughts...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

I'm someone who's very ambitious and have big dreams. I inspired to be a singer/ composer/ book writer. I am a Christian and I am NOT ASHAME of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Saviour but I am not worthy to be call a Christian. I've failed Him many times...

Sunday, December 04, 2005

James 2: 20

James 2: 20
But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?

I realized that having faith and not works is really dead. I have read this sentence countless times but it was only a couple of days ago, that I’ve had the revelation of what it meant.

It may not be the case where it got to be applied to only a case but to me, this verse spoke to me in a unique manner.

You see, I have faith in doing a lot of things. In fact, I have the faith for all things but lack the courage to either do it or really go for it. All I did was just to have faith for it and prayed for it to happen.

However, this will not happen unless an action is matched to the level of expectation.

Earlier on in the Book of James 2, it said in James 18 speaks of something very interesting.

James 2: 18
But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.

The words in the bible are there for a reason. It did not happen to be there by chance nor there, just to fill up spaces. Therefore, do not say that you have faith in certain things and not do it. It’s just as good as a wishful thinking.

Therefore, do not fall into the same trap as me and just have faith for something. When you have faith for something, there must be an action for that something to happen.

Can a farmer have faith for apple trees to be grown in his farm when he did not plant any apple seeds into his farm? Will the seeds be able to grow if he never till the ground or prepare the land for the apple seeds?

Likewise, if you have faith for God to bless you with good career and financial blessing, you got to sow before you reap something. Therefore, faith and works goes hand in hand.

Today, if you have faith for something, IE: A miracle in life or whatever, it's time to sow your time/ finances into God’s Kingdom. God is our source! Nothing is impossible with God!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never agree with you. I believe the majority of individuals watching this online video are subscribers
to TED, and the majority of them most likely well educated.

Education is essential even to individuals to like Bill
Gates. He is arguably no more or no much less talented than
any other who graduated in his class, but that he is only the one that got fortunate inside the
'right location, correct time' perception.
. Schooling must serve to open doors to everyone.
Not just a? pre-selected minority of our society.
It must be equal.

Visit my blog ... marcus london 60 minute stamina

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home